- Product name (model number): Identify your notebook in a series your product belongs. For example, HP Spectre Folio - 13-ak0001na. You might need more specific information to find support for your product.
- Product number (SKU, part number): Use this number to download the correct drivers or find support documents. For example, 5ES85EA or 5ES85EA#ABA.
Your product name and number can help you find appropriate service and support.
Serial number: Identifies your specific HP product. You need this number to service the notebook, find warranty status, If your Hp Notebook Screen is damaged,broken or has dead pixels / lines or the picture sharpness is reduced and backlight is not working.You need this model number to find new correct screen replacement. To learn how to find your serial number.
Use one of the following methods to find your product name and model number. If you cannot turn on the computer or Windows does not open, use the method to look on the product.
Use the BIOS
Find the product information, including product number and serial number, on the System Information screen in the BIOS.
- Turn off the computer.
- Press the Power button, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until a startup menu displays.
- Press the F1 key or select System Information from the Startup Menu.
The product information displays.
Look on the product
Find the product name, product number, and serial number on the computer or on the box it shipped in. Common locations are as follows:
On the rear of the notebook:
Inside the battery compartment:
On the box the computer shipped in:
On the kickstand:
Open HP System Information
Find the product information with the HP System Information tool.
Using the notebook keyboard, press the Fn and Esc keys to open the HP System Information window. In Windows 10, you might need to download HP System Information from the Windows store.
NOTE: These keyboard presses do not work if you use a docking station and an external keyboard.
Install Chromebook Recovery Utility (HP Chromebook, Chromebox)
Use the Chromebook Recovery Utility to find your Chromebook or Chromebox information.
- Download and install the free version of the Chromebook Recovery Utility from the Chrome Web Store.
- Click the Launcher icon , click All Apps, and then click Recovery.
- Click Get Started.
- On the Identify your Chromebook screen, type the code provided.
The model name and number display under the image.